Here are my newest junk ornaments--I had the prettiest blue vintage necklace. Now I have ornaments and a small pile of beads.
I've seen vintage silverware used so many ways. I've done quite a few projects with them too, and now made some into these ornaments.
I've been wanting to learn to stamp onto metal; so I thought this would be a perfect project to get practice.
A project where perfection isn't necessary!
I watched a video on you tube and learned that it's really easy to stamp letters in metal. It's the darkening of the letters that makes them pop out and look aged. The woman on the video just used a sharpie to color in the letters, then a very fine grit sandpaper to clean off the excess.
I used fine steel wool and that seemed to work just fine. I know a sharpie doesn't sound too sophisticated, but you've probably guessed that I'm ok with that!
I'm sorry I don't have the link to the video to give her credit, but it's lost in that abyss of book marks that I'm working on organizing.....
I flattened the spoons and fork first then cut them with our wizard tool, which is like a dremmel, and drilled holes in them with the drill press. I think you could easily use hand tools to do the same if you wanted. My jump rings to hold on the beads are just rustic ones I made from baling wire and then flattened.
Remember, you can join up and share your projects on flikr if you don't have a blog!
Now, go ahead and link up with your "Junk"le Bells project. I'll leave it open for the week, and I'm looking forward to seeing your projects!